Belinda Buckley speech & language therapist

About Belinda Buckley

Therapy services

About speech, language & communication

Links & addresses

Telephone: 079 805 631 65

All content on this website
is subject to copyright
and disclaimer notices.

Site design by Joe Barrell


What to do if you are worried about your child’s speech, language or communication

  • Discuss your concerns with your child’s Health Visitor, teacher or SENCo (Special Educational Needs Coordinator). Any of these professionals can make a referral to your local NHS Speech and language therapy service.
  • Alternatively, you can refer your child yourself, as all UK Speech and language therapy services accept referrals from parents. This is true for NHS and private speech and language therapists (sometimes called ‘Independent speech and language therapists’). You can find the contact details of your local NHS service through the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (R.C.S.L.T.). If you wish to find an independent therapist, have a look at the Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice (A.S.L.T.I.P.) website
  • Speech and language therapists would always prefer to be in the position of reassuring parents that all is well, rather than risk missing a child who does have a problem. Remember - early intervention is very important for children with communication difficulties. You do not have to wait until you think your child should be talking to contact a therapist if you have concerns about their communication.
  • Have a look at the links on this website for addresses of organizations which might be able to help you and provide more information.